The Scottish Countryside
From Scotland On Air
The Scottish Countryside was a 12-part series of talks on broadcast on the BBC's Scottish stations between June and September 1928.
List of programmes
Each talk was broadcast at 5pm, just before Children's Hour, and had a duration of 15 minutes.
- The Borders, by Rev W. S. Crockett, 14 June 1928;
- The Scott Country, by Rev W. S. Crockett, 21 June 1928;
- Edinburgh and the Lothians, by J. Inglis Kerr, 28 June 1928;
- The Western Highlands, by Alasdair Alpin MacGregor, 5 July 1928;
- The Western Islands, by Alasdair Alpin MacGregor, 12 July 1928;
- Ayrshire, the Land of Burns, by G. W. Tyrrell, Ph.D, 19 July 1928;
- The Shores of Fife, by Mr. James Wilkie, 26 July 1928;
- Perthshire, by George Evre Todd, 2 August 1928;
- Deeside and Donside, by W. Douglas Simpson, D.Litt., 9 August 1928;
- The Orkneys, by Alexander Home, F.B.I.S., 16 August 1928;
- Caithness, by Rev. John Horne, 23 August 1928;
- Invernesshire, by J. Inglis Kerr, 6 September 1928.